Event Recap - Canadian Cannabis: What’s Next?
On August 18, 2021 the Torkin Manes Cannabis Law Group, in partnership with Business of Cannabis, hosted over 130 members of the cannabis community. The event featured a series of segments where key industry leaders from throughout the cannabis supply chain provided their perspectives on what they believed was next in Canadian cannabis.
Matt Maurer, Co-Chair of Torkin Manes LLP’s Cannabis Law Group and Krista Raymer, Co-Founder of Vetrina Group – a cannabis retail consultancy, joined the program to talk about the current state of mergers and acquisitions in the Canadian cannabis landscape. With the proliferation of cannabis retailers in Canada – and the fierce competition that has ensued – the landscape for cannabis retail is unsettled. Within this environment, M&A activity has picked up considerably, and Maurer and Raymer provided a deep dive into the landscape they are seeing on a day-to-day basis.
View the Understanding M&A in cannabis retail right now recording.
The event featured the following industry leaders:
- Darren Karasiuk, CEO, Nova Cannabis
- Fern Glowinsky, CEO, Merrco Payments
- David Kerr, Senior Vice President, Gallagher in Canada
- Albert Kim, CEO, Greenline POS
- Alison McMahon, CEO, Cannabis At Work
- Tanner Stewart, CEO, Stewart Farms
- Hardeep Stoker, Chief Product Officer, Elevated Signals
- Lisa Campbell, CEO, Mercari Agency
- Jenn Larry, CCO, MTL Cannabis
- Ryan Lalonde, CEO, Buddi
- George Scorsis, CEO, Entourage Health
- Shahbaaz Kara-Virani, Canada Lead, Dutchie
- Lucas McCann, Chief Scientific Officer, CannDelta
- Lisa Bigioni, CEO, Stok’d Cannabis
View the industry leaders' recordings here.
Most Recent Posts
Vlad Mihaescu will be speaking at the Brewers Lectures on "The Essentials of Cannabis Beverages," on September 22, 2021.
Sep 21, 2021
Congratulations to Matt Maurer, Co-chair of our Cannabis Law Group and Chair of our Franchise Law Group, who has once again been recognized as a Globa...
Sep 14, 2021
Matt Maurer, Co-chair of the Cannabis Law Group and Chair of the Franchise Law Group, spoke with BNN Bloomberg on legal cannabis consumption lounges.
Sep 9, 2021